> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday
The Board hears and decides all appeals from decisions of the Building Inspector, requests for variances and petitions for certain types of special permits. The Zoning Board of Appeals will accept applications for an Appeal, a Variance or a Special Permit only after a determination has been made by the Building Department.
All of the records for the Zoning Board of Appeals are located in the Law Department. A complete file of all zoning cases presented to the Board is maintained in the office along with the minutes of all meetings.
Copies of the Zoning Board of Appeals records are available for review Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., in the Law Department.
Application packets containing requirements for filing petitions with the Zoning Board of Appeals are available at the Zoning Board of Appeals Office.
The Zoning Board of Appeals is a five-member board, which is made up of 5 full members and 5 associate members. The members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council to 5 year staggered terms.
|Michael J. Cotton||Vice Chair|
|Mark A. Hickernell||Clerk|
|Edward McCarthy||Associate Member|
|Sarah Hankins||Associate Member|
|Oscar LeBlanc||Associate Member|
|Marc Rudnick||Associate Member|
|Michael Squillante||Associate Member|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the required frontage for my house, Which zoning district is my property in, What uses are allowed in that zoning district, etc...?
- Where and when are the ZBA meetings held?
- How long does it take once my application is filed?
- Where can I get a copy of a ZBA case?
- How do I file an application?
- City implements NEW CodeRED system for citizens to receive Emergency Notifications via phone, text, & email - Sign up here!
- Waltham Neighborhoods Fall Festival to be held Sat, 9/26!
- Downtown Sidewalk Update
- Join us for Blue Mass to honor & celebrate First Responders at Sacred Heart Church, 9/12 at 11am
- A letter to the community from Superintendent, Drew Echelson