> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday
The Board hears and decides all appeals from decisions of the Building Inspector, requests for variances and petitions for certain types of special permits. The Zoning Board of Appeals will accept applications for an Appeal, a Variance or a Special Permit only after a determination has been made by the Building Department.
All of the records for the Zoning Board of Appeals are located in the Law Department. A complete file of all zoning cases presented to the Board is maintained in the office along with the minutes of all meetings.
Copies of the Zoning Board of Appeals records are available for review Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., in the Law Department.
Application packets containing requirements for filing petitions with the Zoning Board of Appeals are available at the Zoning Board of Appeals Office.
The Zoning Board of Appeals is a five-member board, which is made up of 5 full members and 5 associate members. The members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council to 5 year staggered terms.
|Michael J. Cotton||Vice Chair|
|Mark A. Hickernell||Clerk|
|Edward McCarthy||Associate Member|
|Sarah Hankins||Associate Member|
|Oscar LeBlanc||Associate Member|
|Marc Rudnick||Associate Member|
|Michael Squillante||Associate Member|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the required frontage for my house, Which zoning district is my property in, What uses are allowed in that zoning district, etc...?
- Where and when are the ZBA meetings held?
- How long does it take once my application is filed?
- Where can I get a copy of a ZBA case?
- How do I file an application?
- EZ Disposal & Recycling will be collecting bins until 6pm today, 4/21/17. Please leave bins curbside until then.
- See the docket for the Waltham School Committee Meeting on Wednesday, 4-26-17
- 2017 Minuteman Hazardous Waste Dates - Note CHANGE IN LOCATION for May 13th Date!
- A Suicide Education Awareness Panel (hosted by Director of Veterans' Services, Michael Russo) will be held on Monday, May 1st
- The Waltham School Committee will hold a public hearing on 5/03 to hear public input regarding the required annual vote on whether or not the WPS will participate in State School Choice Program