Waltham 9-1-1 Emergency Telecommunication Center
> View Contact Info
|SAVE A LIFE|
|STOP A CRIME|
|REPORT A FIRE|
The City of Waltham has Implemented a New Emergency Notification System. Please click on the Image below and Register your Phone Number Today!
For Questions Regarding Alerts, Please
Welcome to the City of Waltham 9-1-1 Center
The Waltham 9-1-1 Center is a fast paced, multi-tasking operation with a customer service-oriented discipline. As a 24-hour combined Police, Fire EMS and call-taking dispatch center, we are dedicated to professional, courteous and respectful service to the residents and visitors in the City of Waltham. We also place the highest priority on the safety of our community including our first responders.
Waltham is a city with a residential population of more than 60,000. This figure at least doubles during each weekday, presenting the public service agencies with some unique challenges in this community located 9 miles west of Boston. Waltham is the home of two major colleges; Brandeis University and Bentley University. Waltham also has a major highway that runs directly through it, Route 128. This makes Waltham streets very busy when there is heavy rush hour traffic on Route 128.
You can Also Follow us on Twitter!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I called for just an ambulance, but you asked me a lot of questions and still also sent the Fire department. Why?
- If I have a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) telephone service, can I still call 9-1-1?
- Who receives my 9-1-1 call?
- My mother’s doctor told me to call her an ambulance to meet him at the hospital. Can I call 9-1-1?
- What if I call 9-1-1 by mistake?
- Waltham Residents - Please join us December 6th & 7th for Waltham School Building Committee's Public Hearing & Meeting
- There has been a recent increase in thefts from unlocked vehicles. Make sure to remove all valuables and lock up!
- Have you tried Waltham's Tick Tock Trolley yet? Free downtown parking lot loop on Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights!
- "Santa's Mailbox" will be set up on the Waltham Common for children to leave their letters to Santa during the holiday season! (Deadline = 12/18)
- Stonehurst is holding a Holiday Open House with the Waltham Public Library on December 10th! Click for details: