Waltham 9-1-1 Emergency Telecommunication Center
> View Contact Info
|SAVE A LIFE|
|STOP A CRIME|
|REPORT A FIRE|
The City of Waltham has Implemented a New Emergency Notification System. Please click on the Image below and Register your Phone Number Today!
For Questions Regarding Alerts, Please
Welcome to the City of Waltham 9-1-1 Center
The Waltham 9-1-1 Center is a fast paced, multi-tasking operation with a customer service-oriented discipline. As a 24-hour combined Police, Fire EMS and call-taking dispatch center, we are dedicated to professional, courteous and respectful service to the residents and visitors in the City of Waltham. We also place the highest priority on the safety of our community including our first responders.
Waltham is a city with a residential population of more than 60,000. This figure at least doubles during each weekday, presenting the public service agencies with some unique challenges in this community located 9 miles west of Boston. Waltham is the home of two major colleges; Brandeis University and Bentley University. Waltham also has a major highway that runs directly through it, Route 128. This makes Waltham streets very busy when there is heavy rush hour traffic on Route 128.
You can Also Follow us on Twitter!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I called for just an ambulance, but you asked me a lot of questions and still also sent the Fire department. Why?
- If I have a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) telephone service, can I still call 9-1-1?
- Who receives my 9-1-1 call?
- My mother’s doctor told me to call her an ambulance to meet him at the hospital. Can I call 9-1-1?
- What if I call 9-1-1 by mistake?
- Start getting your household hazardous products ready - Our first Minuteman collection event is on April 15th! (Note - CHANGE IN LOCATION for April 15th date only)
- Our 2017 Annual citywide clean up will be held on April 29th & volunteers are needed!
- National Grid's list of potential projects in 2017 & 2018 in Waltham:
- Waltham Students - Summer employment opportunities are currently available!
- The Waltham School Committee is holding a Public Hearing on the School Dept's Operating Budget, April 5th at 7:30pm: