Waltham 9-1-1 Emergency Telecommunication Center
> View Contact Info
After Hours Phone Number
|SAVE A LIFE|
|STOP A CRIME|
|REPORT A FIRE|
The City of Waltham has Implemented a New Emergency Notification System. Please click on the Image below and Register your Phone Number Today!
For Questions Regarding Alerts, Please
Welcome to the City of Waltham 9-1-1 Center
The Waltham 9-1-1 Center is a fast paced, multi-tasking operation with a customer service-oriented discipline. As a 24-hour combined Police, Fire EMS and call-taking dispatch center, we are dedicated to professional, courteous and respectful service to the residents and visitors in the City of Waltham. We also place the highest priority on the safety of our community including our first responders.
Waltham is a city with a residential population of more than 60,000. This figure at least doubles during each weekday, presenting the public service agencies with some unique challenges in this community located 9 miles west of Boston. Waltham is the home of two major colleges; Brandeis University and Bentley University. Waltham also has a major highway that runs directly through it, Route 128. This makes Waltham streets very busy when there is heavy rush hour traffic on Route 128.
You can Also Follow us on Twitter!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I called 911 to request an ambulance for my daughter. Two minutes later a Fire Engine showed up. A few minutes later the ambulance arrived and took my daughter to the hospital. Did you make a mistake?
- I called 911 to ask about donating to a Fire Department fundraising drive for cancer. The man who answered rudely switched on a recording telling me to look up the business number. When I called back on that number the same man answered the phone!
- Let's say I'm choking and cannot speak. Can I call 911?
- Because of a severe physical challenge, I communicate with a TTY (teletypewriter). Can I call 911?
- If the person who answers my 911 call already has my phone number and address on his computer screen, why am I still asked to provide that information? Isn't that a waste of valuable time?
- A Waltham Senior Housing Info Session will be held on Thurs, 10/27 at the Waltham Public Library. Click for details:
- Early Voting begins NEXT WEEK in Waltham! Click for details:
- Waltham Clerks Office received Gold Medal Award for their efforts in bringing Early Voting to Waltham this year!
- Usen Castle listed on 2016 MA Most Endangered Historic Resources List! Click for details:
- The deadline for re-zoning options has been extended until October 14th! See the options here: