Information Technology Mission/Purpose
The Office of Information Technology will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the City's mission as it applies to the management, teaching, learning, and community service.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of the City.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the City through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the City's enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, administrative and research functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Provide capabilities including the ability to develop and manage the distribution (and marketing) through broadcast, narrow cast, broadband, software, the Web and other telecommunications technologies City programs, products and services both within and beyond the City district.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the institution through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.
The City of Waltham is pleased to offer training classes on various computer programs to employees. To register for classes call the Help Desk at extension 3014 or e-mail the IT Help Desk, and specify the ones you would like to register for.
|Donald J. Aucoin||IT Director||(781) 314-3014|
|Laura Capello||Administrative Assistant||(781) 314-3002|
|Mark Towne||Network Administrator||(781) 314-3014|
|Eric Rizzo||GIS Administrator||(781) 314-3014|
|John Newell||Server/Desktop Support Specialist||(781) 314-3014|
|Dawna OHalloran||Server/Desktop Support Specialist||(781) 314-3014|
|Patrick Montjoie||Server/Desktop Support Specialist||(781) 314-3014|
|Abby Auld||Social Media Coordinator||(781) 314-3014|
- MWRA Work on July 27th May Cause Discolored Water in Parts of Waltham
- Downtown Sidewalk Update
- Small Blast Operation to take place at Fernald Site starting Mon, 7/20
- Join us 8/07 for a Purple Heart flag raising to honor & recognize those who were wounded on the battlefield, or paid the ultimate sacrifice with their lives
- FREE Historic Waltham talk on July 21st at Stonehurst!