> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
General questions and inquiries should be directed to: Clarence Richardson, Jr., Chairperson of the Waltham Historical Commission
Waltham Historical Commission
610 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02452
119 School Street
Waltham, MA 02452
May inquire in the Planning Department on the 2nd Floor.
The Waltham Historical Commission (WHC) is a seven member board that works to preserve, promote, and develop the historic assets of Waltham for present and future use. The WHC oversees the historical properties of the Wellington House and Stonehurst, the Robert Treat Paine Estate. The WHC reviews potential demolitions of buildings, assessing their impact on the historic landscape of the city.
The WHC meets monthly from September to June. Meetings are typically held on the second or third Monday of the month, at 7 PM. To appear before the WHC or to submit correspondence or information you must contact the Chairperson, Clarence Richardson, Jr 10 business days prior to the meeting.
Please note that any and all correspondence with the Waltham Historical Commission must be sent digitally to Clarence Richardson, Jr, Chairperson at: WHC@city.waltham.ma.us in addition to other forms of communication.
Follow the Waltham Historical Commission on Facebook!
|Marie Daly||Member, Secretary|
|Laurence Alexander Green||Member|
|Mort Isaacson||Vice Chair|
|Pamela Lyons||Office Assistant|
|Clarence Richardson, Jr||Chairperson|
|Sean Wilson||Member, CPC Liaison|
- Demolition Delay Information
- Historical Information Websites
- Historical Maps
- Send us your Old Photos of Waltham!
- Stonewall Locations Throughout Waltham
- The William Wellington House and Historic Farm Fields
- WHC Meeting Schedule
- Walter E. Fernald Developmental Center
- Waltham Housing Voucher Lottery Announcement! Up to 50 housing vouchers will be available to qualified Waltham applicants for rental subsidy in Waltham - See details & how to apply here:
- A neighborhood meeting will be held on 1/30 for residents to give their ideas/feedback on the Senior Center parking lots & land
- Last call for Christmas Trees!
- Reminder - A Blast permit was issued at 250 Second Ave. Blasting began 1/06 & is expected to take about 3 weeks to complete. Details:
- The Waltham Cultural Council announced the award of 40 grants totaling $27,825 for cultural programs in Waltham! See the press release here:
WHC Agenda 12-12-16
December 12, 2016 - 7:00pm
WHC Agenda 11-14-16
November 14, 2016 - 7:00pm
Special Meeting regarding potential new High School at the Fernald
November 7, 2016 - 3:00pm
WHC Agenda 10-17-16
October 17, 2016 - 7:00pm
WHC Agenda 9-12-16
September 12, 2016 - 7:00pm