> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
General questions and inquiries should be directed to: Clarence Richardson, Jr., Chairperson of the Waltham Historical Commission
Waltham Historical Commission
610 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02452
119 School Street
Waltham, MA 02452
May inquire in the Planning Department on the 2nd Floor.
The Waltham Historical Commission (WHC) is a seven member board that works to preserve, promote, and develop the historic assets of Waltham for present and future use. The WHC oversees the historical properties of the Wellington House and Stonehurst, the Robert Treat Paine Estate. The WHC reviews potential demolitions of buildings, assessing their impact on the historic landscape of the city.
The WHC meets monthly from September to June. Meetings are typically held on the second or third Monday of the month, at 7 PM. To appear before the WHC or to submit correspondence or information you must contact the Chairperson, Clarence Richardson, Jr 10 business days prior to the meeting.
Please note that any and all correspondence with the Waltham Historical Commission must be sent digitally to Clarence Richardson, Jr, Chairperson at: WHC@city.waltham.ma.us in addition to other forms of communication.
Follow the Waltham Historical Commission on Facebook!
|Marie Daly||Member, Secretary|
|Mort Isaacson||Vice Chair|
|Pamela Lyons||Office Assistant|
|Clarence Richardson, Jr||Chairperson|
|Sean Wilson||Member, CPC Liaison|
- Demolition Delay Information
- Historical Information Websites
- Historical Maps
- Send us your Old Photos of Waltham!
- Stonewall Locations Throughout Waltham
- The Old Stone Walls of Prospect Hill Park
- The William Wellington House and Historic Farm Fields
- WHC Meeting Schedule
- Walter E. Fernald Developmental Center
- Start getting your household hazardous products ready - Our first Minuteman collection event is on April 15th!
- Our 2017 Annual citywide clean up will be held on April 29th & volunteers are needed!
- National Grid's list of potential projects in 2017 & 2018 in Waltham:
- Waltham Students - Summer employment opportunities are currently available!
- The Waltham School Committee is holding a Public Hearing on the School Dept's Operating Budget, April 5th at 7:30pm: