> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Waltham Council on Aging shall promote individual input seeking support for elder services through legislation, grant proposals and activity in policy making; to identify the needs of the community's elderly population and available resources to meet such needs; to educate the community at large in the needs of the elderly; to design, promote and implement needed services and to coordinate with existing local services for the elderly; to be the local catalyst for the Area Agency on Aging network of services.
Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 40, section 8B allows for a city by ordinance or a town bylaw the establishment of a council on aging for the purpose of coordinating or carrying out programs designated to meet the problems of the aging in coordination with the programs of the department of elder affairs.
The Meals on Wheels Coordinator is paid by the City of Waltham. Recipients pay for the food only. Volunteers handle packing and distribution. Meals are delivered to HOMEBOUND (unable to leave the home unassisted) seniors 60 or older, Monday through Friday between 11:30 and 12:30. No meals are delivered on holidays and storm days when school is canceled. The charge for the service is $33.00 per week, for two meals per day. Low income, frail seniors may be eligible for a subsidy through Springwell @ 617-926-4100. Please call 781-314-3300 to speak with the Meals on Wheels Coordinator.
|Eugene F. O’Brien||Member|
|Marybeth Duffy||Director||(781) 314-3497|
|Elaine Corbett||Administrative Assistant||(781) 314-3498|
|Maureen Baglio||Outreach Worker||(781) 314-3301|
|Deborah Barry||Meals on Wheels Coordinator||(781) 314-3300|
|Bonnie LeBlanc||Transportation||(781) 314-3499|
|Debra Vautour||Receptionist||(781) 314-3499|
|Jose Reyes||Van/Bus Operator||(781)-314-3499|
- Waltham Residents - Please join us December 6th & 7th for Waltham School Building Committee's Public Hearing & Meeting
- There has been a recent increase in thefts from unlocked vehicles. Make sure to remove all valuables and lock up!
- Have you tried Waltham's Tick Tock Trolley yet? Free downtown parking lot loop on Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights!
- "Santa's Mailbox" will be set up on the Waltham Common for children to leave their letters to Santa during the holiday season! (Deadline = 12/18)
- Stonehurst is holding a Holiday Open House with the Waltham Public Library on December 10th! Click for details: