> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30pm
Waltham Wires Department
119 School Street, Room 12Waltham, MA 02452
Description of Services
The Wires department is responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of all traffic signals.
- Installation and maintenance of the Municipal Fire Alarm system which consists of over 600 fire alarm boxes and over 80 miles of fire alarm cable.
- Maintenance of the city fiber optic cable network.
- Performing all electrical work within municipal buildings.
- Installation of the Christmas lights.
- Maintenance of all the cities radio system.
- Performing all electrical inspections for any electrical work performed within the City of Waltham.
- City implements NEW CodeRED system for citizens to receive Emergency Notifications via phone, text, & email - Sign up here!
- Waltham Neighborhoods Fall Festival to be held Sat, 9/26!
- Downtown Sidewalk Update
- Join us for Blue Mass to honor & celebrate First Responders at Sacred Heart Church, 9/12 at 11am
- A letter to the community from Superintendent, Drew Echelson