> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30pm
Waltham Wires Department
119 School Street, Room 12Waltham, MA 02452
Description of Services
The Wires department is responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of all traffic signals.
- Installation and maintenance of the Municipal Fire Alarm system which consists of over 600 fire alarm boxes and over 80 miles of fire alarm cable.
- Maintenance of the city fiber optic cable network.
- Performing all electrical work within municipal buildings.
- Installation of the Christmas lights.
- Maintenance of all the cities radio system.
- Performing all electrical inspections for any electrical work performed within the City of Waltham.
- Beaver Street Culvert Replacement - Project Updates
- Mayor McCarthy proclaims 4/24 as Armenian Genocide Centennial Remembrance Day in Waltham
- Waltham proclaimed a Purple Heart City - 4/21/15
- Annual Hydrant Inspections to be completed May 1st - May 31st
- Volunteers needed for the Annual City wide Clean Up 5/02!