> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30pm
Waltham Wires Department
119 School Street, Room 12Waltham, MA 02452
Description of Services
The Wires department is responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of all traffic signals.
- Installation and maintenance of the Municipal Fire Alarm system which consists of over 600 fire alarm boxes and over 80 miles of fire alarm cable.
- Maintenance of the city fiber optic cable network.
- Performing all electrical work within municipal buildings.
- Installation of the Christmas lights.
- Maintenance of all the cities radio system.
- Performing all electrical inspections for any electrical work performed within the City of Waltham.
- Blasting Operations to take place at 135 Second Ave on October 11th. Click for details:
- Early Voting announced in Waltham! Click for details:
- The deadline for re-zoning options has been extended until October 14th! See the options here:
- Thank you from the "Moving Wall" Committee to all volunteers, sponsors & all who supported Moving Wall effort this past August
- Cedarwood residents- Paving will be completed in your neighborhood Wednesday-Friday. See all the details here: