> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30pm
Waltham Wires Department
119 School Street, Room 12Waltham, MA 02452
Description of Services
The Wires department is responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of all traffic signals.
- Installation and maintenance of the Municipal Fire Alarm system which consists of over 600 fire alarm boxes and over 80 miles of fire alarm cable.
- Maintenance of the city fiber optic cable network.
- Performing all electrical work within municipal buildings.
- Installation of the Christmas lights.
- Maintenance of all the cities radio system.
- Performing all electrical inspections for any electrical work performed within the City of Waltham.
- A US Navy SEAL Brian J. Ouellette Dedication Event will be held on May 20th
- The Waltham Fire Department will be conducting annual hydrant inspections throughout the City 5/01-5/31
- Waltham youth cheerleading is holding a cheer clinic fundraiser on 4/29
- See the docket for the Waltham School Committee Meeting on Wednesday, 4-26-17
- 2017 Minuteman Hazardous Waste Dates - Note CHANGE IN LOCATION for May 13th Date!