> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30pm
Waltham Wires Department
119 School Street, Room 12Waltham, MA 02452
Description of Services
The Wires department is responsible for the following:
- Maintenance of all traffic signals.
- Installation and maintenance of the Municipal Fire Alarm system which consists of over 600 fire alarm boxes and over 80 miles of fire alarm cable.
- Maintenance of the city fiber optic cable network.
- Performing all electrical work within municipal buildings.
- Installation of the Christmas lights.
- Maintenance of all the cities radio system.
- Performing all electrical inspections for any electrical work performed within the City of Waltham.
- The Waltham School Building Committee meets tonight at 5:30pm. See the agenda here:
- There has been a recent increase in thefts from unlocked vehicles. Make sure to remove all valuables and lock up!
- Have you tried Waltham's Tick Tock Trolley yet? Free downtown parking lot loop on Thurs, Fri, & Sat nights!
- "Santa's Mailbox" will be set up on the Waltham Common for children to leave their letters to Santa during the holiday season! (Deadline = 12/18)
- Stonehurst is holding a Holiday Open House with the Waltham Public Library on December 10th! Click for details: