> View Contact Info
Welcome to the City of Waltham's Geographic Information System (GIS) Web Portal. This web portal is designed to enable residents and City staff to view mapped information about the City, access web based interactive GIS data viewers, request maps and data, and download a selection of city maps.
What is GIS?
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) can be defined as a system comprised of computer hardware and software that enables users to create, display, edit, and analyze mapped data and information realted to a point or location on the Earth's surface.
GIS in the City of Waltham.
Waltham began its GIS program in 2004 and currently uses GIS to manage, update, and distribute its spatial or mapped data in support of both operational and analytical functions. The GIS is maintained by the City of Waltham GIS Department which updates and maintains the City's enterprise wide GIS database and disseminates mapped data through web based interactive mapping applications and static maps.
Maps Online provides access to the City’s GIS data and property Information 24 hours a day seven days a week. Through Maps Online you will be able to view selected property records, utility information, make your own maps, and view selected scanned data. You can search for a property by selecting a street, entering an address, Parcel ID or owner name. To begin using Maps Online click here.
|Eric Rizzo||GIS Administrator||(781)314-3014|
|Segur LaForest||(781) 314-3819|
- 2-27-17 Fernald Use Committee Meeting Agenda
- Display your creative talent and community pride by submitting a proposal to paint a switchbox in the City!
- Registration now open for the March 2017 First Time Home Buyer Course. See details here:
- Special Opportunity available to Waltham Seniors! Click for info:
- 2017 City of Waltham Scholarship Applications are now Available!