View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
How to Reach Us
The mission of the Waltham Housing Division is:
- To maintain the City’s economic diversity;
- To improve the physical, social, economic and housing environments for Waltham's low- and moderate-income residents;
To accomplish this mission, the City uses funds from two annual grants, totaling approximately $1.4 million, from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The grants are:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is designed to develop viable urban communities by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment and expanding economic opportunities for low- and moderate-income persons.
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) was created to expand and improve the supply of decent, safe and affordable housing for low- and moderate-income persons.
In addition to these funds, the City and its nonprofit partners pursue other funds as appropriate to achieve the mission of the Housing Division and it's programs.
The City uses several plans and reports to describe goals, progress and accomplishments.
- Citizen Participation Plan
- Consolidated Plan 2016-2019
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report
- Analysis of Impediments To Fair Housing Choice 2013
- WestMetro HOME Consortium Regional Fair Housing Plan and Appendices
- Draft Annual Action Plan 2016-2017
HOME Security Deposit and First Months Rent Program
HOME TBRA Application Packet
This grant program provides a security deposit and first month rent payment directly to landlords for low income households. View the Application Packet to determine if you may be eligible for this program.
Applications submitted to the Housing Office must include verifiable income documentation. An application checklist is included in the packet to assist applicants in providing the neccessary documentation. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are recieved.
The CDBG Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program.
This loan program provides an interest free loan to eligible applicants up to $10,000 that is payable on sale or transfer of the property. The loan program addresses Lead Paint abatement and weatherization type repairs to your home. Examples include, roofing, siding, windows, furnace replacements, and accessibility improvements.