Terrorism and Homeland Security
The Waltham Police Department is asking for assistance from our citizens and local business partners help in keeping our community safe from Terrorism and crimes that may relate to Terrorism.
What Can You Do?
“If You See Something, Say Something”
Report Suspicious Activity!
Waltham Citizens: You know your neighborhood, what belongs and what’s out of place. If you observe any suspicious persons or criminal activity in your area that may have a connection to terrorism, immediately report it to the Waltham Police. If you have questions regarding terrorism, contact Detective Brian Smith at 781-314-3566 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Waltham Businesses: The Waltham Police Department recognizes that our private sector partners are uniquely qualified to be our eyes and ears in the business community as well as assist us in a critical incident. Your personnel know your buildings and facilities better than anyone. If you have questions or concerns regarding terrorism and how it could affect your business or facility, the Waltham Police Department offers:
What Suspicious Acitvities and Behaviors Should I Report?
Here are examples of behaviors and activities to report:
- People drawing or measuring important buildings.
- Strangers asking questions about security or building security procedures.
- Briefcase, suitcase, backpack, or package left behind.
- Cars or trucks left in No Parking zones in front of important buildings.
- Intruders in secure areas where they are not supposed to be.
- Chemical smells or fumes that worry you.
- People asking questions about sensitive information such as building blueprints, security plans, or VIP travel schedules without a right or need to know.
- Purchasing supplies or equipment that can be used to make bombs or weapons or purchasing uniforms without having the proper credentials.
Important Places to Watch
- Government buildings
- Religious facilities
- Amusement parks
- Sports/Entertainment venues
- High-rise buildings
- Mass-gathering locations—parades, fairs, etc.
- Shopping malls
- Public transportation
Anti-Terrorism Training Available!
“Terrorism Awareness Training: Protecting Soft Targets”
The US Department of Homeland Security in conjunction with the University of Nevada/Las Vegas has developed this training specifically for our partners in the private sector.
This training is offered by DHS-certified instructors from the Waltham Police Department and ideal for facility managers, hotel staff and security personnel on how to identify suspicious behavior, target hardening, incident management and how to help safeguard your place of business against the threat of a terrorist incident. This training is available to local businesses as well as community organizations. Contact Detective Brian Smith at 781-314-3566 or email@example.com for more information on this training or with any terrorism-related questions.
Want to learn more about Terrorism and Self-Preparedness? Visit these links:
- Auxiliary Police
- Blank Motor Vehicle Crash Form
- Crime Mapping
- E-911 FAQ's
- Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Tips
- Fight Crime. Submit a Tip.
- Filed Motor Vehicle Crash Forms
- Firearms Licensing Information
- Forms & Applications
- Identification Theft Information
- No Solicitation
- On-Line Reporting
- Permits Issued - Procedure
- Police Blotter & Arrest Log
- Professional Standards and Internal Affairs
- Sex Offender Registration
- Terrorism / Homeland Security
- Traffic Commission Reports
- Traffic Corner (info & city traffic laws)
- Traffic Safety Links
- Victim Witness Assistance Link
- WPD Social Media