FIREARMS LICENSING CHECKLIST
NEW LTC/FID APPLICANTS ONLY: (Applicants for Pepper Spray are exempt)
- You must have completed a basic firearms safety course taught by a State certified instructor. Certificate MUST accompany application.
- You must supply three (3) letters of reference, addressed to the Chief of Police. (Keith MacPherson – 155 Lexington Street Waltham, MA. 02452) These letters must be typed, and include the writers’ name, address, date of birth, and a valid phone number. (Reference letters cannot be from family members)
- Any License to carry for “All Lawful Purposes” requires an additional letter addressed to the Chief of Police (Keith MacPherson – 155 Lexington Street Waltham, MA. 02452) outlining the reasons for such a request. ALL letters must accompany application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUPPLY:
· A $100.00 BANK CHECK or MONEY ORDER made payable to the City of Waltham. No Cash or Personal checks will be accepted.
o First time pepper spray applicants pay $25
o Renewals for pepper spray are free
o LTC/FID Renewals for applicants 70 years of age or older are free
· A copy Massachusetts driver’s license (must have a Waltham address) and accompany application. If renewing LTC/FID copy front and back of LTC/FID license this must accompany application.
· All completed applicants must be returned to the police station between 8AM to 3PM for review prior to a scheduled appointment.Please leave cell phone and/or e-mail address on form.
After reviewing the application you will be contacted by the Firearms Licensing Officer Richard Modica.
LICENSING OFFICER Richard Modica
WALTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT
COMMUNITY SERVICES DIVISION
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
|Firearms Identification (FID) Card Or License To Carry Firearms (LTC) Application
- Auxiliary Police
- Blank Motor Vehicle Crash Form
- Crime Mapping
- Dec Passing
- E-911 FAQ's
- Emergency Preparedness - Access and Functional Needs
- Emergency Preparedness Tips
- Fight Crime. Submit a Tip.
- Filed Motor Vehicle Crash Forms
- Firearms Licensing Information
- Forms & Applications
- Identification Theft Information
- No Solicitation
- On-Line Reporting
- Police Blotter & Arrest Log
- Professional Standards and Internal Affairs
- Sex Offender Registration
- Terrorism / Homeland Security
- Traffic Commission Reports
- Traffic Corner (info & laws)
- Traffic Safety Links
- Victim Witness Assistance Link
- WPD SOCIAL MEDIA