The William Wellington House and Historic Farm Fields
> View Contact Info
Located at 735-775 Trapelo Road, the William Wellington House was built in 1779 and is one of the finest examples of Georgian Architecture remaining in Massachusetts. A prominent Waltham citizen, Wellington fought in the Revolutionary War and served as a town selectman for 17 terms. A working farm from the 18th century into the 1980s, the surrounding lands were used for livestock, wheat, produce, and fruit orchards. In the late 1700s, the Wellington Farm, also known as Elm Farm, was among the five most valuable estates in the town of Waltham. The property and surrounding acreage are under the care and control of the Waltham Historical Commission and the Waltham Recreation Department. They are undergoing restoration with support from the Community Preservation Coalition and the Massachusetts Historical Commission. The house is slated for completion in 2016-17.
- Start getting your household hazardous products ready - Our first Minuteman collection event is on April 15th!
- Our 2017 Annual citywide clean up will be held on April 29th & volunteers are needed!
- National Grid's list of potential projects in 2017 & 2018 in Waltham:
- Waltham Students - Summer employment opportunities are currently available!
- The Waltham School Committee is holding a Public Hearing on the School Dept's Operating Budget, April 5th at 7:30pm: