To protect the health, safety and well-being of the occupants of housing and of the general public.
Massachusetts State Law states that "no person shall occupy" as owner-occupant or let to another for occupancy any dwelling, dwelling unit, mobile dwelling unit or rooming unit for the purpose of living, sleeping, cooking or eating therein, which does not comply with the requirements of the State Sanitary Code.
105 C.M.R. 410:000 State Sanitary Code Chapter II: is adopted under authority of M.G.L. c.111, s.s. 3, and 127A.
Code Inspectors have the duty to detect and site violations and deficiencies noted in areas below, in accordance with the above mentioned code.
- Kitchen and bath facilities.
- Hot water and potable water.
- Heating, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Heating and hot water temperatures.
- Temporary wiring. ventilation and sewerage disposal.
- Metering of electricity and gas.
- Smoke detectors, locks, asbestos.
- Temporary housing and space use.
- Exits and auxiliary emergency lighting systems.
- Insect and rodent control (garbage and rubbish, storage and disposal)
- Curtailment of services, facility, equipment or utilities.
D (2). Structural Elements
- Foundations Ceilings
- Floors Roofs
- Walls Staircases
- Doors Porches
- Windows Chimneys
- Other Structural Elements
- The Code Enforcement Inspector shall determine if any other conditions present are violations of said code or are conditions which may endanger or materially impair the health or safety, and well-being of an occupant or the public.
- Inspections are performed either as part of the routine on going program or as the result of occupant complaint.
- Agendas, Minutes, Notices
- Communicable Disease Control
- Emergency Management
- Enterovirus Protection/Information
- Flu Care Guide
- Food Protection Program
- Housing Services
- License Fees & Applications
- Licenses and Inspections
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Mosquito Control Exemption Notice
- Mosquito Control and Protection
- Rabies Information
- Rodent Control
- State Housing Code
- Tick Information/Protection
- Tobacco Cessation and Prevention
- Tobacco Regulation
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers - Ebola
- Waltham Biosafety Committee (WBC)
- West Nile and EEE Protection / Information
- Zika Virus