Veterans Benefits M.G.L. Chapter 115, as amended
Veterans, Veterans' Widows and Dependents have a right to:
- File a written application for veterans’ benefits at any time. You can insist upon this right, even if told that you are ineligible.
- Get help from your veteran's agent in completing your application.
- Receive a full explanation of the services and benefits available under M.G.L. Chapter 115, as well as other available benefits.
- Receive a written notice and explanation of the approval or denial of your application for benefits.
- Be treated with dignity and respect, and to receive accurate, courteous, and timely service.
- Appeal and request a hearing if you disagree with any action taken on your case.
- Expect confidentiality; personal information will not be collected or used except for the purpose of determining your eligibility for benefits.
- Receive fair and equal treatment without regard to sex, race, religion, or handicap.
For additional information on your rights and benefits, contact your local Department of Veterans' Services.
Summary of Services and Benefits:
- Financial Assistance
- Power of Attorney
- VA Compensation and Pensions Matters
- Discharge Difficulties
- Educational and Vocational Benefits
- Hospitalization and Domiciliary Care
- Insurance Matters
- Loan Guaranty
- Medical Problems
- Notary Services
- Recording of Service Records
- Reference Material
- Retirement Matters
- Social Security Matters
- Rehabilitation Matters
- Tax Relief Program 2012