Where is my Water Meter and how is it read?
Your water meter is in the basement (or utility closet/storage area) near the water main shut off valve of your home. There is a small black touchpad on the outside of your house which is wired to the water meter. The Meter Readers plug their equipment onto the touchpad to obtain a reading from your meter. This information is stored in the electronic reader; once the entire route has been completed, the data is downloaded onto a computer in the Water Billing Office. Invoices are calculated based on the readings taken at each property.
If you should have any questions regarding your meter, please contact the Water Billing Office at (781) 314-3810.
- Abatement Request
- Applications & Forms
- Cedar, Oak, Plympton & Willard Streets-Replacement of Water Mains/Services
- Construction Inspections
- F.O.G. - Fats, Oils and Greases
- MWRA Annual Consumer Confidence Report 2013
- New Water Metering Program
- Non-Sewer Meter Regulations
- Pay Water & Sewer Bills Online
- Pet Waste Disposal
- Sewer Projects
- Water & Sewer Rates - 2014
- Water Conservation Tips
- Water Distribution System Activity
- Water and Sewer Billing Policies
- Water and Sewer Community Survey