> View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Beginning March 1, open for self-guided tours Monday - Friday, 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.; Saturdays by appointment. When Stonehurst is rented for a private event it is closed to the public. Please call before your visit to confirm availability and for more information on visiting or renting this National Historic Landmark."
Stonehurst, the Robert Treat Paine Estate, owned by the City of Waltham, is an icon of American design surrounded by 109 acres of woodlands, meadows and recreational trails. Architect Henry Hobson Richardson and landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted created this National Historic Landmark that is open to the public, as noted below for touring and event rentals.
The building is an accessible public facility with two levels of exhibits located on Robert Treat Paine Drive, off of Beaver Street near the rotary. The drive leads to the main parking lot on the right, with accessible parking near the building on the left.
For more information, click on the following:
Departmental Contact Information
General Information: 781-314-3290
Rentals: Marcia Goodwin 781-314-3292
Tours: Ann Clifford, Curator 781-314-3291
Monday - Friday, 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Saturdays by appointment
When Stonehurst is rented for a private event, it is closed to the public. Please call before your visit to confirm availability, 781-314-3290. Grounds open year-round sunrise to sunset.
General Admission for self guided tours $3
Guided tours for groups of 8 or more by appointment
Seniors & Students $5
Children & Members free
For More Information, Click the Links on the Left!
- A US Navy SEAL Brian J. Ouellette Dedication Event will be held on May 20th
- The Waltham Fire Department will be conducting annual hydrant inspections throughout the City 5/01-5/31
- Waltham youth cheerleading is holding a cheer clinic fundraiser on 4/29
- See the docket for the Waltham School Committee Meeting on Wednesday, 4-26-17
- 2017 Minuteman Hazardous Waste Dates - Note CHANGE IN LOCATION for May 13th Date!