- All programs are offered to Waltham residents only, unless otherwise stated.
- Before registering, check that the participant meets the age/date of birth/grade level qualifications.
- Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until a program fills or begins.
- The Recreation Office maintains a waitlist for sold out programs. Please call the office.
- Each adult may register just one child, unless registering siblings.
- A processing fee of $10.00 will be charged for any changes made to registrations.
- Birth certificates and proof of residency is required for all first-time participants. Please submit these to the Recreation Office within one week of registering and/or before the start of a program. Documents can be faxed to the Recreation Office at 781-314-3482.
- Children and adults with disabilities are encouraged to participate in our programs. Please let us know of any special needs at the time of registration.
Weather/No School Cancellations
- Youth programs do not meet on holidays or during school vacations.
- If Waltham schools are cancelled due to inclement weather, all youth programs are cancelled as well.
- If Waltham schools are delayed due to weather conditions, programs may run as usual. Please call the Recreation Office at 781- 314-3475 for further information.
- Adult participants, please call the main office regarding any cancellations due to inclement weather.
- Although we do not expect to cancel programs, we reserve the right to cancel due to insufficient enrollment, space limitations, or instructor availability.
- If a program is cancelled by the Recreation Dept., all participants will receive a Recreation Dept. credit.
- Recreation Dept. credits can be applied to future programs, or toward the purchase of discount tickets.
- We are unable to issue refunds.
- If a participant needs to withdraw due to injury or illness, a doctor’s note will be required and a Recreation Department credit will be issued.
- If a participant withdraws for any other reason, credits will be issued only if a program is full and we are able to fill the opening with another participant. A Recreation Department credit will be issued.
- Recreation Dept. credits can be applied to future programs or toward the purchase of discount tickets.
- We are unable to issue refunds.
- Summer Programs - Registration closes the Wednesday at Noon prior to each week. Credits can only be provided if we are able to fill your spot from the waitlist, prior to this deadline.
- A percentage of program openings are reserved for online convenience.
- If online registration is full, walk-in and mail-in registrations are still an option.
- Online registrants are still required to submit a paper copy of our Waiver, Consent, and Release form to the Recreation Office.
Activenet.com Online Registration
- We have employed the services of Activenet.com for online registration.
- Activenet.com is a secure site.
- You must have a valid credit card for online registration. Activenet accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Charged transactions will appear on your statement as Activenet.com.
- Please keep the confirmation email you receive from Activenet.com as your receipt.
- Activenet.com will charge a processing fee of 7.03% per transaction, plus $0.50 per transaction, with a minimum of $2.00 per transaction.
- Non-residents may register for programs, if space allows, 2 weeks prior to the beginning of a program.
- Non-residents will be charged an additional fee per program.
By registering for programs, registering parties agree to the above guidelines.
Any registration that does not comply with the above guidelines will be subject to cancellation. Activenet.com processing fees will not be refunded. Only Recreation Department credit will be issued, we are unable to issue refunds.
Just a reminder! Only a percentage of available spots for each program are placed online for registration. The remaining spaces for all programs are available at Walk-in Registration. A waitlist is available at walk in registration.