View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
We strive to maintain a partnership with all of our citizens and visitors in order to provide the most responsive, highest quality police service possible. We strive to understand and to meet the needs of our citizens and visitors, and to improve the quality of their lives by impartially maintaining order, innovatively solving problems, actively preventing criminal acts, and by aggressively apprehending criminals in a manner which is consistent with the law and is reflective of shared community values.
- We are committed to respecting individual rights, human dignity, and the values of all members of the community and of the department.
- We are a proactive, problem solving agency that strives to serve its citizens and visitors with compassion and empathy.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality of professional law enforcement service, with the goal of enhancing the quality of life within our community.
- We recognize the diligence and hard work of our employees, and take pride and satisfaction in a job well done. Recognizing that human resources are our most valuable asset, we will constantly strive to provide career development for all of our employees which will enhance their professional growth and job satisfaction.
- We are committed to ensuring that all our actions reflect the utmost integrity and honesty; even the hint or appearance of impropriety must be avoided by all members.
The Waltham Police Department is dedicated to providing the best police services possible to all of Waltham's citizens and visitors. It is the responsibility of every department member to promote this ideal. Our officers are carefully selected and given the best available training. As society’s designated representative to uphold the law, Waltham Police Officers are held to a higher standard than other citizens.
It is the policy of the Waltham Police Department to forward commendations to officers and their supervisors and to thoroughly investigate complaints. If you have a commendation or complaint you may report it to the Office of the Chief of Police in person, by letter, or telephone (781-314-3500). Information provided by the citizens and visitors of the community helps us maintain this standard and ideal. We strongly encourage both positive and negative comments about our performance from members of the community.