Permit Requests

  • BLOCK PARTIES / (Road Closures)
    Submit a detailed letter explaining the reason for any road closure. Include dates and times of event. Printed name address and Signature of all residents that will be affected by any road closures. See application here
    Application to be submitted to Chief of Police. See application here
    (Little League walks, Political motorcades, full parade etc)

    Noise permits are issued only when radio, stereo, television, musical instrument, sound, amplified, or similar device which produces, reproduces or amplifies sound in a manner that makes it clear and audible across a residential real property boundary after the hours of 9:00 PM and before 8:00 AM. All permits are issued by the chief of police or his designee. Any permit can be revoked by the officer in charge of the police department if it is deemed to be a violation of public peace. 

    Noise permits are not issued for common house parties, outdoor event like BBQ’s, or similar types of parties or events. All these types of events will fall under normal noise and public peace and addressed on a case by case bases if complaints are received by the police department. Please inquire if a permit is required for larger events that are deemed uncommon like Weddings, concerts, large graduation parties, etc. Questions please call Waltham Police Community Services at 781-314-3580 Monday-Friday 7:30 AM-3:30 PM or email at / See application here

    Application may be obtained at the City Clerk’s Office located at City Hall 610 Main St 2nd floor. Copy of your 501 c3 form from the State and three notarized names forms of individuals who will be responsible for this event.
    State Hawkers/Peddlers Permit:
    Waltham Residents: Bring application to the Police Department for processing.

            Waltham Hawkers/Peddlers Permit:

  1. Must have valid State permit.
  2. Application is obtained at the City Clerk’s Office located at City Hall 610 Main St 2nd floor. 
  3. If selling food: Must obtain a mobile health permit application from the Health Department located at Gov’t Center 119 School St. Application is to be brought to the police department for processing.  

            Ice Cream Truck Vendor:

  1. Bring Copy of permit (obtained from city or town where business is located).
  2. Obtain State Permits.
  3. Obtain Waltham Permits (see above).
  4. Mobile Vehicle Permit from health Department.
  5. Copy of Driver License and registration of ice cream truck.
  6. Bring to Police department for processing. 

            Road Race Applications:

  1. Race proposal must be submitted to the Mayor’s office located at 610 Main St City Hall. Include route proposed times, date, number of expected participants, organizer, and hosting organization.   
  2. After approval by the mayor’s office a meeting will be set up by representative from the police department.
  3. All applications for noise and other permits are to be submitted to the Waltham Police Department Community Services Division located at 155 Lexington St Waltham, Ma 02452  (Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30) Closed on legal holidays. 

    It is recommended that all permit requests be submitted at least two weeks prior to event.  Please give more time for events that may require road closures, traffic diversion, police details, or assistance from other city agencies.