FIREARMS LICENSING CHECKLIST
NEW LTC/FID APPLICANTS ONLY:
- You must have completed a basic firearms safety course taught by a State certified instructor. Certificate MUST accompany application.
- You must supply three (3) letters of reference, addressed to the Chief of Police. (Keith MacPherson – 155 Lexington Street Waltham, MA. 02452) These letters must be typed, and include the writers’ name, address, date of birth, and a valid phone number. (Reference letters cannot be from family members)
- Any License to carry for “All Lawful Purposes” requires an additional letter addressed to the Chief of Police (Keith MacPherson – 155 Lexington Street Waltham, MA. 02452) outlining the reasons for such a request. ALL letters must accompany application.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUPPLY:
- A $100.00 BANK CHECK or MONEY ORDER made payable to the City of Waltham. No Cash or Personal checks will be accepted.
o LTC/FID Renewals for applicants 70 years of age or older are free
- A copy Massachusetts driver’s license (must have a Waltham address) and accompany application. If renewing LTC/FID copy front and back of LTC/FID license this must accompany application.
- All completed applicants must be returned to the police station between 8AM to 3PM for review prior to a scheduled appointment.Please leave cell phone and/or e-mail address on form.
After reviewing the application you will be contacted by the Firearms Licensing Officer Richard Modica:
LICENSING OFFICER Richard Modica
WALTHAM POLICE DEPARTMENT
COMMUNITY SERVICES DIVISION
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
|Firearms Identification (FID) Card Or License To Carry Firearms (LTC) Application|