FIREARMS LICENSING CHECKLIST
**All Licenses Done By Appointment Only**
**NEW LTC APPLICANTS ONLY**
- You must have completed a basic firearms safety course taught by a State Certified Instructor. Certificate copy must accompany application.
- You must supply three (3) letters of reference, addressed to the Chief of Police (Keith D. MacPherson – 155 Lexington St. Waltham, MA 02452).These letters must be typed and include the writer’s name, address, date of birth, signature and valid phone number.(Reference letters cannot be from family members).
- A letter addressed to the Chief of Police outlining the reasons why you want an LTC.
**NEW FID APPLICANTS**
- You must have completed a basic firearms safety course taught by a State Certified Instructor or a Hunters Safety Education Course.Certificate copy must accompany application.
**ALL APPLIANTS AND RENEWALS**
- A copy of a Massachusetts driver’s license (must have a Waltham address).
- must also enclose a copy (front and back) of current LTC/FID card.
- LTC/FID renewal for applicants 70 years of age or older are free.
All completed applications must be returned to the Waltham Police Department – Community Services Division Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30am to 3:30pm (Wednesdays until 7:00pm).Please leave a cell phone and/or email address on form.
After reviewing the application, you will be contacted by the firearms licensing officer.
Officer Michael Palmer
|Firearms Identification (FID) Card Or License To Carry Firearms (LTC) Application|