The City of Waltham and Mayor Jeannette A. McCarthy are pleased to announce this year’s 4th of July Celebration! Here’s everything you need to know:
• This year’s events will be held at Leary Field ONLY. There will be NO events at Prospect Hill Park.
• On Sunday, July 4th, live music will be performed by “Back in Time” at Leary Field beginning at 5:30pm
• Fireworks will follow at Leary Field beginning AT DUSK
• There will be NO street closures
• Vendors, such as a food truck and ice cream truck will be on site
• There will be NO weapons, fireworks, sharp objects, or glass containers allowed. No wheeled coolers will be allowed. All bags brought in may be subject to search. No drones will be allowed.
• Due to the large noise associated with fireworks, it is recommended you leave your pets at home
• Waltham Police and Fire details will be on site
• Should we be rained out, the fireworks celebration will be held on Monday, July 5th. Stay tuned.. we'll post an update should this happen.
While attendees are not required to wear masks, anyone who is not fully vaccinated is advised to continue following all health & safety protocols, which includes continuing to wear a mask in crowded spaces where social distancing may be difficult. Please be mindful and respectful of the many who would like to enjoy the fireworks. For additional information please contact the Mayor’s Office at 781-314-3100.