I am selling my home. How do I to obtain a Final Water and Sewer Bill?
Final Water Meter Readings should be scheduled with the Water Billing Office (781 314-3810) two weeks prior to the closing date. The seller or seller’s representative should call to schedule the appointment. An employee from the Water Department will need access to the inside of the property to take meter readings on the inside (main) meter, as well as on the outside (non-sewer deduct) meter if applicable. Meters and touch pads must be in working order at this time. The readings taken will be used to produce the final bill. The Water Billing office will need the name of the buyer. The final water bills may be picked up at the Water Billing Office later that afternoon. Final bills can also be faxed or emailed.
The Water Billing Office is located at 163 Lexington Street. The bill must be paid in full at or before the closing.
The water will not be shut off. The account will be transferred to the new owner’s name. We do not charge for this service.
- Abatement Request
- Applications & Forms
- Cabot, Vernon and Weston Streets - Stormdrain Improvements Project
- Cedarwood SSO Mitigation Project
- Construction Inspections
- Daily System Activity
- F.O.G. - Fats, Oils and Greases
- IDDE Program Update
- MWRA Annual Consumer Confidence Report
- New Water Metering Program
- Non-Sewer Meter Regulations
- Pay Water & Sewer Bills Online
- Pet Waste Disposal
- Replacement of Water Mains/Services
- Rosewood Drive - Stormdrain Improvements Project
- Sewer Projects
- Stormwater Management EPA NPDES Permit Update
- Sump Pump Amnesty Program
- Water & Sewer Rates - 2015
- Water Conservation Tips
- Water and Sewer Billing Policies
- Water and Sewer Community Survey