I am selling my home. How do I to obtain a Final Water and Sewer Bill?
Final Water Meter Readings should be scheduled with the Water Billing Office (781 314-3810) two weeks prior to the closing date. The seller or seller’s representative should call to schedule the appointment. An employee from the Water Department will need access to the inside of the property to take meter readings on the inside (main) meter, as well as on the outside (non-sewer deduct) meter if applicable. Meters and touch pads must be in working order at this time. The readings taken will be used to produce the final bill. The Water Billing office will need the name of the buyer. The final water bills may be picked up at the Water Billing Office later that afternoon. Final bills can also be faxed or emailed.
The Water Billing Office is located at 163 Lexington Street. The bill must be paid in full at or before the closing.
The water will not be shut off. The account will be transferred to the new owner’s name. We do not charge for this service.
- Abatement Request
- Applications & Forms
- Cedar, Oak, Plympton & Willard Streets-Replacement of Water Mains/Services
- Construction Inspections
- F.O.G. - Fats, Oils and Greases
- MWRA Annual Consumer Confidence Report 2013
- New Water Metering Program
- Non-Sewer Meter Regulations
- Pay Water & Sewer Bills Online
- Pet Waste Disposal
- Sewer Projects
- Water & Sewer Rates - 2015
- Water Conservation Tips
- Water Distribution System Activity
- Water and Sewer Billing Policies
- Water and Sewer Community Survey