We are no longer distributing or selling recycling bins or barrels. The City will transition to wheeled carts sometime in 2017. More information will be coming as plans are finalized.
In the meantime, residents can purchase 32-gallon recycling barrels with a lid at Home Depot, however you must clearly mark the barrels as "Recycling Only". Stickers are available at the Recycling Department window at no charge (165 Lexington Street, 8:30am-4:30pm). The recycling truck will not pick up recycling containers larger than 32 gallons or that weigh more than 50lbs.
Recycling is picked up every week in Waltham on your regular recycling & trash day.
Please consult the Recycling & Trash Brochure to learn how to prepare your recycling
- 2017-2018 Recycling, Trash, Hazardous Products, & Yard Waste Brochure
- Recycling & Trash Pick-up Schedule
- How to recycle electronics & appliances
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Construction Waste Brochure
- How to Compost
- How to Purchase a Compost Bin at Discount Price
- Idling Reduction
- Waltham Energy Action Committee
- Waltham Recycling Newsletters
- 10 Ways to Conserve Water
- DISPOSAL INDEX - Recycling & Trash
- How do I get a Recycling Bin?
- Yard Waste Schedule