Birthday Parties can be booked two months in advance through June 11
Waltham residents are invited to celebrate their birthdays with us!
We offer parties for “Tigers” and above.
See Preschool Programs for ages.
One hour of miniature golf
OR 30 min. of golf/ 30 min. of playground time.
Each party will also enjoy an hour in the Prospect Hill Lodge for Food/Cake.
* Birthday parties are for Waltham Residents only who are at least “Tigers” according the current Waltham Recreation Brochure.
* If this is your child’s first time participating in a Waltham Recreation Department program, please bring a copy of a current utility bill and birthday child’s birth certificate to verify age and residency.
* Reservations will be accepted a maximum of two months in advance (ex. September 15th for a November 15th party) and must be booked a minimum of two weeks prior.
* A $25.00 non-refundable deposit is required to hold the date. We are only able to accept CASH or CHECK ONLY. Please make checks payable to “City of Waltham”
* Reservations must be done in person at the Recreation Office at 510 Moody Street. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* Balance due must be paid in full by the Wednesday prior to the party. A final total of party friends must also be provided at this time. Please note: we will not be able to accommodate any additional guests after your final count is confirmed and balance is paid on the Wednesday prior to your party. We are only able to accept CASH or CHECK ONLY. Please make checks payable to “City of Waltham.”
* Value Party: Up to 15 youth party participants $ 100.00
* Plus Party: 16 to 25 youth party participants $ 140.00
* Party times are available most Saturdays and Sundays from September through June. *Exceptions involve conflicts with Recreation programs, schedules, holidays and school vacations.
|11:00 - 1:00 p.m.||12:00 - 2:00 p.m.|
|12:30 - 2:30 p.m.||1:30 - 3:30 p.m.|
|2:00 - 4:00 p.m.||3:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
* Cancelation Policy: If you have paid in full and cancel more than one week prior to the party date, the total (minus the $25 deposit) will be refunded or the party can be transferred to another available date. If you need to cancel with less than a week notice, the balance paid is non refundable. In the event inclement weather is expected, an agreement will be reached prior to having to reschedule on an alternate date or refund.
* Your party will run as follows:
o Birthday child and parent(s) should arrive at least 15 minutes early (though no more than 30 minutes early as the room will not be ready).
o Activities will begin 15 minutes after your party start time, to ensure all guests have arrived. This time will be spent in the party room. Coloring sheets/markers will be provided.
o Activities will run for 30 minutes each, for a total of one hour. The exception to this is the Bowling Plus Party. Your group will be split into three due to capacity limitations.
o For the remaining 45 minutes, you will return to the party room for refreshments. Again, it is suggested that parents plan entertainment to keep the children engaged during this time.
* The Recreation Department will provide party staff. Staff responsibilities include set-up, greeting and welcoming party guests, assisting with refreshments and cleanup. There will also be a host to oversee activities. The host will ensure the activities are running smoothly and safely. Parents are asked to assist with supervision of party guests.
* We will provide paper goods (table coverings, plates, cups, napkins in white) and utensils (forks, spoons, cake cutter and ice cream scoop), candles and lighter. You may bring your own decorations, but please be aware that no tape will be allowed on the walls (just doors and windows) and the ceiling cannot be utilized to hang any decorations.
* Parents will provide all refreshments, including drinks. Parents are responsible for accommodating all food allergies. Rooms are not guaranteed nut free.
* If you wish to distribute goodie bags, we will do so as participants exit.
* We will provide a large bag for transporting gifts home. Gifts can be opened during the refreshment period or you can choose to do this at home.
PARTY PACKAGE OPTIONS
* BOWLING (Grade one and older. Bowling Plus Parties must be combined with either Gym or Skate n’ Scoot)
Plus Parties: Due to the capacity limitations in the Bowling area, guests will be split into three groups, each of which will bowl for 20 minutes. The remainder of the time will be spent doing activities in either the Gym or Skate n’ Scoot. The birthday child may choose to stay in Bowling for the duration of the party as their friends rotate in and out.
Value Parties: Your group will be split in two and each have 30 minutes in the Bowling area. The birthday child may choose to stay in Bowling for the duration of the party as their friends rotate in and out.
* SKATE N’ SCOOT
Choose one option:
* Open scooter/skating time. We now have 25 razor scooters, 12 preschool scooters and a variety of “cozy coops”/ride ons. It is not required for your guests to provide their own scooter.
All guests age 7 and under are required to bring/wear their own helmets. It is the responsibility of the birthday parents to relay this information to guests.
* GYM TIME (not available for 2:00 p.m. Saturday parties)
The gym will be set up with two activities, one on each side.
Activity Options: - Inflatable
- Basketball - Floor Hockey - Soccer - Dodgeball
- Free Play (various balls and equipment provided)
* WII BOWLING/GAMES (Grade one and over. Wii Bowling Plus Parties must be combined with Gym or Skate n’ Scoot)
Plus Parties: Due to the capacity limitations in the Wii Bowling area, guests will be split into three groups, each of which will be in the Wii rooms for 20 minutes. The remainder of the time will be spent doing activities in either the Gym or Skate n’ Scoot, whichever has been selected. The birthday child may choose to stay in Wii Bowling for the duration of the party as their friends rotate in and out.
Value Parties: Your group will be split in two and each group will have 30 minutes in the Wii Bowling area. The birthday child may choose to stay in Wii Bowling for the duration of the party as their friends rotate in and out.
Choose ONE active Wii game to play in our brand new virtual Wii rooms:
- Bowling - Just Dance
* PAINT LOCKER/ART (There is an additional $2 charge per person for this option) Choose and paint one ceramic piece per person.
* LEGO BUILD Tons of Lego's will be provided for building and designing.
* PRESCHOOL INFLATABLES/TUMBLING (Ages 5 and under only)
Two smaller inflatables and a tumbling obstacle course will be set up in our tumbling and yoga rooms
- Birthday Parties
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Chill Zone
- Connors Pool (Newton & River Street)
- Discount Tickets and Passes
- Fitness Room - Adult Fitness
- Parks & Facilities
- Program Information
- Putt at Prospect Hill
- Recreation Forms
- Register for Programs
- Skate N' Scoot
- Spray Parks in Waltham
- Veterans Memorial Skating Rink
- What's Happening
- Youth Sport Organizations