Consolidated Public Works
Disability Services Commission
- Where and when can I get a temporary Disability Parking Permit?
- How can I let public safety officials know that there is a person with disabilities at my residence?
- Where are the Handicap Parking spaces in Waltham?
- How do I get handicap parking in front of my house or business?
- What is done about people who violate Handicap Parking spaces?
- I want to know whether my property is eligible for small lot status. Can I get an opinion from the Law Department?
- Does the Law Department provide legal advice to residents?
- If I hit a pothole on a public way in Waltham, how do I file a claim?
- How can I obtain a copy of a city ordinance?
- How long does it take to receive a decision once a claim is filed?
Parking Meters Division
Treasurer / Collector Department
Waltham 9-1-1 Emergency Telecommunication Center
- I called 911 to request an ambulance for my daughter. Two minutes later a Fire Engine showed up. A few minutes later the ambulance arrived and took my daughter to the hospital. Did you make a mistake?
- I called 911 to ask about donating to a Fire Department fundraising drive for cancer. The man who answered rudely switched on a recording telling me to look up the business number. When I called back on that number the same man answered the phone!
- Let's say I'm choking and cannot speak. Can I call 911?
- Because of a severe physical challenge, I communicate with a TTY (teletypewriter). Can I call 911?
- If the person who answers my 911 call already has my phone number and address on his computer screen, why am I still asked to provide that information? Isn't that a waste of valuable time?
Water & Sewer Division
Zoning Board of Appeals
- What is the required frontage for my house, Which zoning district is my property in, What uses are allowed in that zoning district, etc...?
- Where and when are the ZBA meetings held?
- How long does it take once my application is filed?
- Where can I get a copy of a ZBA case?
- How do I file an application?