Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination (IDDE) Program
The City of Waltham's Illicit Discharge Detection and
Elimination (IDDE) Program
June 2012 Update
- Sampling of all outfalls in the Chester and West Chester Brook, Beaver Brook and the Charles River has been completed. Included new outfall sampling results into the City's outfall database.
- Selected and investigated outfall catchment areas with highest pollutant contribution (Charles River outfalls 10, 11 and 28, Beaver Brook outfalls 12, 20, and 23, and Inter Municipal Connection 13)
- Construction work in first and second construction package have been executed by Gravity Construction in Fall 2010 and in Spring 2012.
- Work performed as part of the second phase construction package included:
- Adams Street, where a sanitary lateral crossing a drain manhole was relocated.
- Main Street where a section of a collapsed stone culvert was repaired.
- CIPP-lining of reaches of sanitary pipe along Main Street, Ellison Park, Cherry Street, Candace Avenue, and Longfellow and Beal Roads.
- Heavy cleaning of the drain lines was performed along Barbara Road and Charles Street.
- Additionally, IDDE-related work will be executed under the I-I removal program and includes replacement and raising of the Brown, Derby, Ash, and Charles streets 6-inch sewers which are all above the storm drain lines.
- Four direct illicit connections were also removed in 5 Brookway Road, 12 Calvary Street, 614 Moody Street, and 140 Trapelo Road. These were considered emergency repairs.
- Investigation work of the outfall catchment areas as part of the third phase of the IDDE Program is scheduled to begin in Summer of 2012.
PROGRESS: WORK IS ONGOING
DESIGNER: MWH Engineers (in association with EPG)
ON-CALL CONTRACTOR: Gravity Construction
- 2012 NPDES Report
- Applications & Forms
- Building Inspections Notice - IDDE Program
- Conservation Commission
- F.O.G. - Fats, Oils and Greases
- Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination (IDDE) Program
- MWRA Valve Work
- Map of MWRA Work
- Sewer Projects
- Smoke Testing
- Stormwater Brochure
- Stormwater Business Brochure
- Stormwater Program
- Water & Sewer
- Water Distribution System Activity
City Engineer's Office
119 School StreetWaltham, MA 02451-4596
(781) 314-3830 (Permitting & Infiltration & Inflow)