IDDE Program Update
The City’s Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination (IDDE) program continues with upcoming construction projects to remove illicit (sewer) connections from the storm drain system.
J. D’Amico, Inc. is scheduled to start work on Fuller Street east of Newton Street to correct illicit connections to the drain line from Wednesday, November 18, 2015 through Friday, November 20, 2015.
J. D’Amico, Inc. is also scheduled for construction work on Juniper Hill Road, Candace Ave at Canterbury Road, Beal Road, and Irving Street at Oak Hill Road. This work is expected to be completed by mid-December
The attached figure shows the locations of these repairs.
Internal pipeline inspections using a remotely controlled camera have been completed in November on Jennings Road, Prospect Street, and Oak Hill Road. The camera identified potential illicit connections, which will be investigated by the City’s consultants Environmental Partners Group over the coming weeks..
In addition, the City is working to repair sewers and drains in the vicinity of South Street and Sawyer Road. A camera crew will be inspecting the pipelines during nighttime hours. An expedited construction program will quickly follow.
A second construction contract for specialized pipeline rehabilitation using trenchless technologies is set to be publically bid in January 2016, with construction in spring 2016.
- Annual NPDES Report
- Applications & Forms
- Cabot, Vernon and Weston Streets - Stormdrain Improvements Project
- Cedarwood SSO Mitigation Project
- Construction Inspections
- Daily System Activity
- F.O.G. - Fats, Oils & Greases
- I & I Application - Non-Residential
- I & I Application - Residential
- IDDE Program Update
- Indoor Water Conservation
- New Water Metering Program
- Pet Waste Disposal
- Replacement of Water Mains/Services
- Rosewood Drive - Stormdrain Improvements Project
- Sewer Projects
- Stormwater Brochure
- Stormwater Business Brochure
- Stormwater Management EPA NPDES Permit Update
- Stormwater Program
- Sump Pump Amnesty Program
- Water & Sewer
- Willard Street Paving Notice