Wright-Pierce is in the process of finalizing contract documents for the construction of a relief sewer connecting Beaver Street to Lyman Street through the Beaver Street rotary. The primary purpose of this relief sewer is to prevent the occurrence of surcharging of the sewer mains along Beaver Street and Valley View Road. Construction of this relief sewer is anticipated to begin late Spring 2017, subject to weather conditions. This project will include the resurfacing of Lyman Street, north of the bridge to the rotary.
Wright-Pierce has also begun the design phase of the Inflow and Infiltration (I/I) mitigation portion of the project. This design phase will occur over the Fall and Winter of 2016 – 2017. Design plans will be developed to make repairs to the City’s sanitary sewer system. Construction activity is anticipated to begin Spring of 2017.
Please call the Engineering Department at (781) 314-3830 with any questions or concerns.
Project Description: The City of Waltham has contracted the engineering firm Wright-Pierce to conduct an overall assessment of the municipal sewer system in Area 5A. As part of this project, Wright-Pierce will be conducting an investigation of the area and developing plans to make improvements to the City’s sewer system. The investigative phase of the project will take place in the Spring / Summer of 2016 with anticipated construction beginning late Summer / Fall of 2016.
Attached is a map of Area 5A
- Annual NPDES Report
- Applications & Forms
- Bear Hill Road & Second Avenue Water Main Replacement Project
- Beaver Street Area 5A
- Cedarwood SSO Mitigation Project
- Construction Inspections
- Cross-Connection Control & Backflow Prevention
- Daily System Activity
- F.O.G. - Fats, Oils & Greases
- Fat-Free Sewers
- Hazel Street Reconstruction
- I & I Application - Non-Residential
- I & I Application - Residential
- IDDE Program Update
- Indoor Water Conservation
- MWRA Night Work
- New Water Metering Program
- Pet Waste Disposal
- Stormwater Brochure
- Stormwater Business Brochure
- Stormwater Management EPA NPDES Permit Update
- Stormwater Program
- Sump Pump Amnesty Program
- Water & Sewer
- What You Flush Matters
- Willard Street Construction